A women’s hospital can provide specialized and comprehensive care for a wide range of women’s health concerns, such as high-risk pregnancies and preconception planning. To learn more about the many health issues that Saddleback’s Women’s Hospital and the MemorialCare Breast Centers can diagnose and treat, please read the following articles.
- Nearly one in every eight American women will get breast cancer at some point in their lives. The National Cancer Institute discusses breast health and breast cancer facts.
- Though not as pervasive as breast cancer, cervical cancer accounts for almost 10,000 diagnoses among women in the United States each year. The American Cancer Society explains this disease.
- Often diagnosed by OBGYN practitioners, uterine fibroids are non-cancerous tumors that grow within the uterus. The U.S. National Library of Medicine discusses this medical condition.
- To avoid having a high-risk pregnancy or premature delivery, many OBGYN practitioners advise women to implement preconception planning. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention discusses the steps that all women can take to ensure a healthy pregnancy.
- The American Pregnancy Association explains why our Women’s Hospital may perform a Cesarean delivery.
Saddleback Memorial Medical Center offers expert medical care such as preconception planning services, breast health screenings, and hysterectomy procedures for patients in the greater South Orange County region. To schedule an appointment at our Women’s Hospital or at the MemorialCare Breast Center, please call (949) 837-4500.